Visiting Faculty Application Process
**Proof of English proficiency required before application process begins**
See Stanford’s Bechtel International Center website for forms of proof.
Information and documents needed for the Visiting Faculty application:
- Requested start and end dates of appointment
- CV and brief proposal of expected research while at Stanford (2-3 paragraphs)
- Employer/institution address and phone number (if not on CV).
- Home address
- Leave-approval letter from home University on institutional letterhead with the following information:
- Stating that you are on leave or sabbatical**
- The dates that you are on leave or sabbatical (this must accomodate the appointment dates)
- That the home institution expects you will return to your home institution
- Position title at home University (Prof, Assoc Prof, Asst Prof)
**If at Stanford during an off-duty period, like summer, the letter needs to state that it is an off-duty period; therefore you are not on leave/sabbatical
- Passport: legible copy of biographical page only for Visiting Faculty and each accompanying dependent.
- Proof of funding ($2,500 per month living expense, in addition to $1,923 per month for CDR Visitor Fee). Proof of funding is also required for dependent living expenses (per month: $600 for spouse, $300 per child).
- Proof of funding financial documents include bank statements, letters of grants, or scholarships from an organization/institution, etc. Proof of funding should be shown in U.S dollars or include a conversion showing U.S. dollar equivalent of foreign currency.
- Address formated the following way for sending DS-2019 via FedEx, once it’s ready:
Company (if applicable)
**All information is needed no less than 3 months prior to expected start of appointment, and should be emailed to Crystal Pennywell <email@example.com>.**