Visiting Scholar Application Process
Main content start
Visiting Scholar Appointment Processing
**Proof of English proficiency required before application process begins**
See Stanford’s Bechtel International Center website for forms of proof.
Information and documents needed for the Visiting Scholar application:
- Requested start and end dates of appointment.
- CV and brief proposal of expected research while at Stanford (2-3 paragraphs).
- A letter from your academic or research institution or organization, on their letterhead, confirming your current affiliation, and that your affiliation will not end prior to the end of your Visiting Scholar appointment.
- Complete this Online Webform
Online webform requires the following:
- Employer/institution address and phone number (if not on CV).
- Passport: legible copy of biographical page only for Visiting Scholar and each accompanying dependent.
- Proof of funding ($2,500 per month living expense, in addition to $1,923 per month for CDR Visitor Fee). Proof of funding is also required for dependent living expenses (per month: $600 for spouse, $300 per child).
- Proof of funding financial documents include bank statements, letters from employer providing support, letters regarding grants, or scholarships from an organization/institution, etc. Proof of funding should be shown in U.S dollars or include a conversion showing U.S. dollar equivalent of foreign currency.
- Address formated the following way for sending DS-2019 via FedEx, once it’s ready:
Company (if applicable)