Visiting Student Application Process
Proof of English proficiency is required before the application process may begin.
See Stanford’s Bechtel International Center website for forms of proof.
Information and documents needed for the Visiting Student Researcher application:
- Requested start and end dates of appointment.
- Complete this Online Webform
Online Webform requires the following:
- Signed invitation letter, which is provided once a CDR lab has agreed to host you and the ME Dept. approves of the potential appointment.
- Copy of most recent school transcripts (must be currently enrolled in a graduate program at another University to be a Visiting Student at Stanford).
- Copy of undergraduate transcript with degree conferral, or a copy of the degree certificate/diploma (if possible, versions in English would be helpful).
- Passport: legible copy of biographical page only for Visiting Student Researcher and each accompanying dependent.
- Proof of funding ($2,500 per month living expense, $700 per month for CDR Visitor Fee, and $1,224 per month for non-matriculated student University tuition). Proof of funding is also required for dependent living expenses (per month: $600 for spouse, $300 per child).
- Proof of funding financial documents include bank statements, letters of grants, or scholarships from an organization/institution, etc. Proof of funding should be shown in U.S dollars or include a conversion showing U.S. dollar equivalent of foreign currency.
- You are welcome to use this form for proof of funding, but it is not required.
- Address formated the following way for sending DS-2019 via FedEx, once it’s ready:
Company (if applicable)